Welcome to School of Biomedical Sciences (SBMS)
The School of Biomedical Sciences, Madurai Kamaraj University is established from the Academic Year 2020-2021. The proposal to create the School of Biomedical Sciences was approved by Syndicate, Senate and Academic Council of the University in the year 2019. Subsequently the proposal was approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu as 110 Announcement in the State Legislative Assembly. The proposed School will commence with M.Sc Biomedical Sciences and M.Sc. Microbial Gene Technology from the Academic year 2020-2021.
- account_balance A new School proposed from the Academic Year 2020-2021.
- account_balance Approved by all the Statutory Bodies of Madurai Kamaraj University.
- account_balance Approved by Government of Tamil Nadu.
- account_balance To promote Higher Education and Research in Biomedical and Clinical Specialties.
- account_balance To impart basic and advanced knowledge on Biomedical Sciences.
- account_balance To promote research in the areas of infectious, non-infectious and metabolic diseases.
- account_balance To facilitate Industry (Hospital) – academic (University) partnership in Biomedical research.
- account_balance To provide training and higher learning atmosphere in the areas pertaining to Biomedical Sciences.
- account_balance To promote industry immersion in Biomedical and Clinical oriented academic studies and research.
- account_balance To enrich the students to gain knowledge in Biomedical Entrepreneurial Development.
- account_balance To train students in Immunology, Molecular Diagnostics, Stem Cell Biology, Molecular Medicine, Nano therapeutics etc.